The Defense Ministry is currently undergoing negotiations with Eurocopter
Malaysia Sdn Bhd for its RMAF’s Nuri replacement programme. Defense Minister
Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said that the Ministry had already sent
Eurocopter a Letter of Intent (LOI).
Asked why Eurocopter was selected, Abdullah said that the Ministry would have “considered all the necessary specifications in the helicopters” before making a decision, but declined to elaborate.
What Dollah failed to tell all Malaysian was that, Kamaluddin Abdullah, yes the son of Abdullah the PM is the ’secret agent’ for Eurocopter.
Kamaluddin too is trying to win the bid to lease helicopter to PDRM.
Two things happens prior to Hari Raya Aidil Fitri,
1. Dollah swapped portfolios with Najib, which saw Dollah, became the Defense Minister.
2. UMNO AGM is postponed to March 2009.
What Malaysian failed to see is that,
1. Among the first thing done by Dollah was announcing the Eurocopter – Ministry of Defense thingy.
2. Agreed for transition of power to be flexible and maybe earlier but asking for extension of 3 months till March 2009 as The Prime Minister.
Is it true that Dollah’s double action as mention above is due to the fact that,
1. The Eurocopter deal will mean Kamaluddin will get RM250 Million a year for the next 30 years?
2. By postponing the UMNO AGM, Dollah can make sure the deal is sign before he step down.
Hurrah for Malaysia! Selamat Hari Raya and please ask around about this Eurocopter deal during all your Raya visits.